-
Advertisement
Hong Kong healthcare and hospitals
Hong KongHealth & Environment

85% of injured Hong Kong fire victims discharged, others in stable condition

Health Bureau says 67 of 79 victims injured in Tai Po fire have recovered or been discharged, while 12 are in a stable condition

Reading Time:2 minutes
Why you can trust SCMP
The fire at Wang Fuk Court in November claimed at least 161 lives and injured 79 others. Photo: Jonathan Wong
William Yiu

About 85 per cent of those injured in the deadly Tai Po fire in Hong Kong have been discharged, while the rest are in a stable condition, according to health authorities.

The Health Bureau also said on Wednesday that 63 affected residents received free family doctor consultations, 18 received free denture replacements in private dental clinics, and 24 were scheduled to receive Chinese medicine services.

The fire at Wang Fuk Court in November claimed at least 161 lives and injured 79 others, while displacing thousands of residents.

Advertisement

“A total of 79 patients received treatment at various public hospitals due to the fire. As of December 30, 2025, 67 of them had already recovered and were discharged, and the remaining 12 are in stable condition,” the bureau said.

Healthcare staff will continue to provide appropriate treatment and care to these patients, according to the bureau.

Advertisement

It said more than 300 private medical practitioners have taken part in the free family doctor service scheme to help injured victims, with 63 affected residents so far being scheduled to receive free consultations.

Free Chinese medicine consultation services were also offered by 360 practitioners, and 24 residents received the services.

Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x