-
Advertisement
Hong Kong’s Tai Po fire tragedy
Hong KongHealth & Environment

4 still in hospital, 75 discharged after Hong Kong’s Tai Po fire

‘All those injured in the fire and admitted to public hospitals under the Hospital Authority will receive full fee waivers for necessary treatment,’ spokesman says

Reading Time:1 minute
Why you can trust SCMP
The Wang Fuk Court fire claimed at least 168 lives and injured 79 in November last year. Photo: Elson Li
Oscar Liu
Four people injured in Hong Kong’s deadly Tai Po fire remain in hospital in stable conditions, while 75 others have been discharged as of Thursday, according to health authorities.

A government spokesman said that healthcare staff would continue to provide appropriate treatment and care to the patients from the Wang Fuk Court fire, which claimed at least 168 lives and injured 79 in November last year.

“All those injured in the fire and admitted to public hospitals under the Hospital Authority will receive full fee waivers for necessary treatment, including drugs and medical devices, throughout their recovery,” he said.

Advertisement

He also said the authority had provided healthcare services to about 1,900 residents affected by the fire.

Under the relief measures, all residents of the estate’s eight blocks, including foreign domestic helpers, were eligible for full medical fee waivers until December 31.

Advertisement

The waiver covers inpatient services, family medicine and specialist outpatient clinics, day hospitals, community services and Chinese medicine clinics that also serve as training and research centres under the authority.

Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x