Austria files terror charges against suspect over planned 2024 Taylor Swift attack
Prosecutors said the now 21-year-old suspect planned to carry out an Islamist militant attack at a concert by the US singer in Vienna

Austrian prosecutors have filed terrorism-related and other charges against a now 21-year-old suspect arrested just before a 2024 Taylor Swift concert in Vienna, who they said planned to carry out an Islamist militant attack.
The Vienna prosecutors’ office plans to bring a criminal case against the unnamed suspect in Wiener Neustadt, a town near Vienna, accusing him of producing a small amount of the explosive triacetone triperoxide and attempting to buy weapons illegally, it said in a statement on Monday.
The statement from the prosecutors’ office did not name the suspect, but he was identified by Austrian media as Beran A and is the only one to have been arrested in connection with the planned attack.
Beran A’s lawyer was not immediately available for comment but has previously disputed accusations made against his client.