Hong Kong coach Rambo deletes social media posts that criticised city’s football bosses
Women’s head coach Ricardo Rambo has scrubbed accounts of posts railing against ‘disgusting’ treatment of his players

Hong Kong women’s football head coach Ricardo Rambo has deleted two social media posts that criticised his bosses for a perceived lack of support for the team.
The outspoken Brazilian had been furious over what he said was the “disgusting” treatment meted out to his players, when they were forced to change in a men’s toilet ahead of their Hong Kong-Guangdong Cup match on Sunday.
Days earlier, the head coach had taken to X to complain about his side being told to play their fixture against Guangdong in the relative backwater of Kowloon Bay Park, rather than at Mong Kok Stadium, or at venues in Aberdeen or Sham Shui Po.
The Football Association of Hong Kong, China on Tuesday issued a statement about the choice of match venue and the dressing room.
“The Hong Kong Football Association (HKFA) has always been committed to providing suitable match and training environments for its representative teams at all levels and for various club competitions,” the HKFA said.
“Due to the concentrated turf maintenance period for most stadiums managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department from mid-December 2025 to mid-January 2026, coupled with the fact that the Hong Kong Stadium generally does not accommodate two matches on the same day, and the lack of available suitable football fields, the Guangdong-Hong Kong Cup Women’s Tournament has been ultimately decided to be held at Kowloon Bay Park after careful consideration and coordination.”
