China bans 73 people from all football for life, hits 13 teams with fines, loss of points
Former Chinese Football Association president Chen Xuyuan, ex-national team coach Li Tie among those punished

China football bosses have banned 73 people for life, including former Chinese Football Association (CFA) president Chen Xuyuan and ex-national team coach Li Tie, and hit 13 clubs with a range of punishments in its ongoing battle against match-fixing and corruption.
On Thursday, officials said another three people had been handed five-year bans for “unlawful acts”, although unlike disgraced pair Li and Chen, who are now behind bars, the trio were not prosecuted.
Meanwhile, several clubs, including last season’s Chinese Super League champions Shanghai Port, have been hit with hefty point deductions and fines.
At a press conference in Beijing, the CFA, the Ministry of Public Security and the General Administration of Sport outlined the campaign against match‑fixing, betting and corrupt refereeing in football.
“The Ministry of Public Security will continue to work with sports administrative departments to maintain a high‑pressure stance of strict law enforcement and severe punishment, effectively support and advance these efforts thoroughly and concretely,” a senior official from the Ministry of Public Security said.

Li was convicted in 2025 after he appealed the first conviction in 2024 of taking bribes, offering bribes, unit bribery, accepting bribes as a non‑state employee and bribing non‑state employees, and was sentenced to 20 years in prison.