21 food poisoning cases linked to 3 firms, Hong Kong probe finds
Health officials are also investigating suspected norovirus food poisoning among diners at the five-star Mandarin Oriental

Hong Kong authorities have ordered the food trade to stop selling raw oysters supplied by two local companies and a South Korean firm after their products were linked to 21 suspected food poisoning cases in the city.
The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department’s Centre for Food Safety (CFS) on Tuesday night revealed the results of an investigation into a spate of food poisoning incidents in recent weeks.
Individuals involved in 10 cases had consumed oysters supplied by Seojun Mulsan Co Ltd in South Korea.
“For the sake of prudence, the CFS instructed the trade to stop the import and sale in Hong Kong of raw oysters supplied by this company on February 5,” the department said.
It added that the centre had also found another 11 cases involving individuals who had eaten oysters supplied from the food factory of Jeton International Food and 88 Investment Holdings Limited.
The two companies had been told to suspend the sale and supply of oysters, the department said.